Free Sample IELTS Essays
The following sample IELTS essays will give you an idea of how to develop your essay topic into a well-structured, full-length essay. All the essays below will help you; however, the first free sample essay “Computers and Children”, will help you in a special way as it provides two responses to the same essay – one which is good and the other which is great. Read through them to discover the difference and to learn how your essay can go from good to great.
A top-scoring essay has a variety of clear characteristics which distinguish it from a mediocre essay. Here are a few of them:
- Upgraded, advanced vocabulary, instead of commonly-used words & expressions
- Varied sentence structure, instead of only short, simple sentences
- Complex grammatical structures, instead of very basic ones
- Dynamic style, instead of lack of style
- Examples, details and transition words, instead of empty repetition
Please check our list of free IELTS Essay topics and write as many essays as you can. The more practice you get, and the more familiar you become with the type of topics given, the better you will do on the exam. You can also check out this "Ultimate Guide to Essay Writing" from ThePensters for more useful tips.
Even if you think you are a poor writer today, you can learn how to take your simple essay and transform it into something much more effective. Adding some of the winning elements from the sample essays below will give you the extra marks you need to become a high-scorer on the IELTS.
SAMPLE IELTS ESSAYS
- Sample Essay 1 - Computers and Children
- Sample Essay 2 - Salaries of Sports Athletes
- Sample Essay 3 - Gap Year
- Sample Essay 4 - University & Gender Issues
- Sample Essay 5 - Public Transport
- Sample Essay 6 - Better Parent
- Sample Essay 7 - High School Success
- Sample Essay 8 - Foreign Languages in Kindergarten